Sunday, April 29, 2012

Change is Good

I’ve updated my life lately, and with these changes, I’ve decided to begin blogging once more. I’ve missed it! So much has a changed; a new job, a slightly new body, a new apartment, a new outlook on life. But one must never become too complacent, and so on to the next journey…whatever it may be. I’m running my second half marathon next weekend and have signed up to run the Marine Corp Marathon in October. I moved to Red Bank, NJ – a town Smithsonian Magazine has named the third best small town in the nation! – and have spent the last few weekends familiarizing myself with all the shops and restaurants surrounding me. I’ve completely changed my diet and lifestyle to ensure that my body and mind are the best they can be, and have lost 15 pounds in the process and have never felt more at peace. Speaking of peace, I inked myself for the first time this past winter – a peace sign is now printed on my left foot. A friendship tat that my best friend and I share, but also a daily reminder of Gandhi’s famous quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” I have changed almost every facet of my life in the last twelve months, and I hope to take these lessons I have learned and send them out into the world. We all spend so much time searching for our purpose. I believe it’s as simple as sending love to others. So glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment